NAMINTEC with it’s partners has managed to provide sustainable solutions on multiple projects across the globe.
Skorpion Zinc Mines, Namibia
Optimization of Energy Consumption
We reported on some of the key energy consumption optimization challenges addressed through a case study carried out in cooperation with Skorpion Zinc Mines and Refinery. In particular, we investigated the recovery and re-use of waste process energy and the production of additional energy from solar to decrease the demand of electricity import.
Okorusu Fluorspar Mine E-Deposit, Namibia
The Okorusu Fluorspar mine explored a new fluorite deposit starting 2009. An independent South African Company, Geotech Africa, was asked to develop an open pit mining concept after modelling the
E-deposit based on the raw drillhole data in 2013. The design proposed was basic and required further investigation into the viability of the mining concept.
Due to existing open pit operations, the company proposed a study on the viability of exploiting the deposit using underground mining methods and the existing surface mining equipment
Sustainable Mining Namdeb, Namibia
Conventional Open Pit Mining versus Concurrent Open Pit Mining
Namintec completed the following work:
• Investigate and demonstrate the feasibility, challenges as well as advantages of Sustainable Open Pit Concurrent Mining versus Conventional open pit mining
• Establish the conditions under which concurrent Mining open pit mining may be implemented as opposed to Conventional Open Pit Mining and why Mining companies currently opt for the latter
Government of Mongolia, Ulan Bator, Mongolia
Technical and strategic advisory services to the Ministry of Mines and Heavy Industry
• Review of the Oyu Tolgoi Project Assessment relating to environmental and water resource issues
• Recommendations for the re-evaluation of the Oyu Tolgoi copper, gold, silver deposit and accompanying mineral reserves compliant to international standards
• Investigating the causes of the 16-30 month’s delay in underground production
• Advise during the development of the strategic negotiation approach in consultation and cooperation with legal and economic experts
Ministry of Land, Mines and Energy, Liberia
Within a World Bank funded Project the Consultant provided technical expertise to the MLME and developed and strengthened its capacities.
We developed training concepts for economic capacity building regarding, amongst others, mine inspection as well as health, safety and environment (HSE).
Taberg Ost GmbH, Dresden, GERMANY
Reopening of Shaft 75– Uranium Mine Schneeberg
• Preparation of tender documents under
consideration of mining law
• Consideration of environmental law and
corresponding approval procedures
• Tendering of services.